At CMG, we don’t necessarily consider ourselves designers. That’s not our wheelhouse. However, our clients in the confectionary space often rely on us to make their design concepts commercially viable.
For example, one of our engineers might sit down with a client and create a rough sketch on notebook paper or even a cocktail napkin, depending on the setting. This is typically the beginning of a back-and-forth refinement process that leads to commercial production.
When it comes to designing and engineering packaging for a candy brand, the question is not “Can we do it”? The more important question is, “Will the packaging solution work”?
- How will the design look on a package of a particular size and shape?
- Is the design consistent with your brand?
- How will the package open or dispense?
- Is this functionality easy for the customer to use?
- Will the package allow you to use vibrant colors that stand out on the shelf?
- Where will the barcode go?
- Is the material durable and sustainable?
- Depending on the type of confectionary, can the package be resealed and reused?
The answers to these and other questions are the difference between a visually appealing design on paper and a commercially viable confectionary package in the real-world. Our durable, recyclable plastic packaging solutions with in-mold labeling can be customized for your specific requirements.
The CMG team’s knowledge of packaging materials, size and shape options, plastics, customization, and packaging function can be a strategic advantage for confectionary brands, from well-established heritage brands to newer niche brands.
We’re ready to help!
If you have a design concept in mind for confectionary packaging and want to find out if it’s commercially viable, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you and will get back to you promptly.