In the words of the American Chemistry Council, “plastic packaging must serve many masters,” including marketers, regulators, logistics engineers, recyclers, consumers and more. The roles it has to play are many and varied:
- Protecting product as it moves from manufacturer to end use
- Meeting regulatory requirements, a higher hurdle for most food and healthcare related packaging
- Minimizing the costs to make it and fill it in terms of materials, shipping, handling, processing and packing times
- Maximizing run speeds
- Meeting the functionality requirements of the end user (e.g., ease of storing, opening, resealing), perhaps even offering custom plastic packaging solutions with unique functionality that differentiates it from competitors
- Meeting the recyclability/sustainability expectations set by the product’s manufacturer, and the people who use it (e.g., made from readily recyclable resins and/or bioplastic)
- And of course, presenting the brand image that will get the product shelf space, communicate brand messages and ultimately help give the product “shelf impact,” interest and appeal
All of this puts a serious premium on smart, considered package design. It also puts a premium on the custom manufacturing capabilities of your packaging suppliers.
Custom Plastic Packaging Solutions
CMG Plastics is a custom plastic packaging designer and manufacturer serving a wide variety of business sectors including the food, healthcare and packaged goods industries. We offer a range of sophisticated customization capabilities, and the ability to design and manufacture custom packaging with excellent consistency at high-speeds.
As trusted packaging experts, also keep up with the latest packaging industry advancements and technologies to the benefit of our valued clients, who we support with the highest level of customer service.
In fact, we have just added an automated high speed, Thin-Walled Plastic Packaging and Printing System to our Somerville, NJ facility. You can read about it here.
For more information on any of our capabilities, please contact Jens (pronounced “Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997 ext. 203.
When it comes to packaging, food and beverage manufacturers understand that:
- Customized packaging plays a vital role in differentiating products at point-of- sale
- Reliable, easy and nearby access to that packaging is critical
With that in mind, CMG Plastics is adding a fully automated system for the production and printing of high-speed, thin-walled, plastic packaging in our Somerville, NJ facility. This system is tailored to the needs of regional food and beverage manufacturers in need of long-term access to custom, hi-volume package production.
High Speed Thin-Walled Plastic Packaging Press being installed
This new high speed packaging and printing system mixes proven technologies from some of the world’s best companies. These include:
- A Ferromatik high-speed injection molding machine offering fast, quiet operations, short cycle times and exceptional energy savings (see installation photos above).
- A Polytype high-speed offset printing machine capable of decorating up to 600 round containers per minute in up to eight colors.
- A robotic automation system from Illsemann Automation with “takeout” and case packing capabilities that seamlessly integrates everything from injection molding to the loading dock.
We also offer turnkey custom tooling that we source multiple suppliers including one of our favorites, Canada’s StackTeck, which consistently provides rugged and smart, thin-walled production solutions with outstanding productivity.
If you’re interested in custom packaging and printing capabilities, you might also be interested in our unique brand of responsiveness and reliability. Combined these make CMG an alternative to the sometimes frustrating off-the shelf products and service offered by other companies. To find out more, review our site and/or contact Jens (Pronounced “Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997 – ext. 203