CMG is committed to continually improving the effectiveness of its Quality Management System and it is with that commitment in mind that CMG was recently was awarded FSSC 22000 Food Safety Certification for its Somerville, NJ facility.
As the global food supply chain has grown more complex, the need to provide a consistent and reliable food product safety system has never been more important. FSSC 22000 was developed in compliance with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) to provide a framework for a Quality Management System that reduces food safety hazards, promotes continuous improvement, promotes legal compliance and increases transparency in the food supply chain.
CMG has seen tremendous growth in its food products business over the past several years and this certification for CMG NJ (and CMG Canada by October 2017) demonstrates our commitment to this marketplace and to our customers. To learn more about how we can help you with your custom plastic food packaging requirements please contact Jens (pronounced “Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997 ext. 203 or via our Contact us Page.
So, you’re going to PackExpo. So are we (see us in Upper Lakeside Hall, Booth #E-7552booth). Tradeshow experts say you can get more out of two days at a tradeshow than you can out of a month on your computer or you phone – because everyone and everything is all there in one place. But to capture this value as an attendee you have to prepare. Here’s our advice on how to do that – at PackExpo – or any show:
Before the Show
- Shows can be overwhelming – and if you just show up without a plan (and too many do), you are going to miss a lot. The first step in building a plan is to know exactly what you want to get out of the show. Are you going to make contacts, see demos, vet suppliers, get pricing, see what’s new, attend seminars or something else?
- Then make an hour-by-hour plan to achieve your goals. A great starting point is the show’s website which shows you who’s exhibiting, a map of where they are on the show floor, seminar and event schedules and more.
- See if you can make appointments with the companies you want to see most. Some of the savvier exhibitors support this. Look for companies promoting appointment on the show’s website.
- Prepare your list of key supplier questions before hand – so you don’t miss something crucial
At the Show
- Consider how you want to appear to the people you meet, then dress the part
- Save time and get more from your conversations by avoiding the heaviest crowds. Go early, or wait for the second day, or morning of the third day.
- Before going into a booth and talking to a rep, scope out what’s happening in the booth first – this can tell you important things about the company and its customers
- Monitor the show’s Twitter and Instagram hashtag feeds (e.g., #showname) between stops – they can be a good source of information and entertainment
- Watch what you take. Lots of people will try to give you stuff – branded water bottles, literature, tchotchkes, business cards. Only take what you really need (after a show, hotel rooms are full of abandoned stuff)
- Work it – it’s really tempting, particularly when you’re tired and your feet hurt, to call it a day, but you paid good money to get there. Make it count.
- On the plane ride home, make a detailed follow-up plan and timeline – then stick to it.
- Register for the show early – there is often a discount for early registration
- Stay in the event’s official hotel or hotels – and hang out in the common areas and bars. It’s a great way to make connections.
- Most critical – bring two pairs of really comfortable shoes. Never wear the same pair two days in a row. If you don’t know why, you’ll find out.
We hope to see you at PackExpo. Safe travels.
CMG Plastics is a custom plastic packaging manufacturer focused on the food, healthcare and packaged goods industries. We offer a range of sophisticated customization capabilities and the ability to produce custom packaging with excellent consistency at high-speed. If you want to learn more, please visit us at PackExpo booth show #E-7552, or contact Jens (pronounced “Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997 ext. 203.
Visit our Online Booth at http://packexpo16.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=02020137&featureid=500
Marketers understand that custom product packaging can be an important part of the overall customer experience. Smart marketers dedicate time upfront ensuring that package design supports a number of critical business goals ranging from the product’s “attract” and shelf-life to its ability to meet run-speed and cost targets.
But a marketer’s work is never done. Advancements in packaging materials and production technologies – particularly in plastic packaging – offer marketers new options for enhancing the product experience, as well as reducing costs. On top of this, consumer preferences and expectations are also changing. Consider the rapid growth in packaging made from ‘bioplastics’ – in part a response to shopper demand for more earth-friendly materials.
When it comes to packaging, marketer’s need to stay on top of changing market needs, as well as advancements in plastic packaging production and materials. Consider these possibilities and what they might mean to your customers and your business:
- Increasing shelf-life to improve product value for consumers, or to reduce waste and costs for you
- Increasing your packaging’s protective properties – a big plus, for instance, in the medical packaging arena
- Improving your packaging’s attract and messaging, capitalizing on advancements in packaging “decoration” technology
- Offering new packaging shapes and sizes, or reducing the amount of material used in them by taking advantage of improved plastics production technologies
- Using less or more sustainable materials in your packaging and promoting this change
- Working with a plastic packaging manufacturer with superior quality control processes to reduce scrap while improving packaging consistency
If you are interested in any of these possibilities for your business, please feel free to contact CMG Plastics. We are a custom plastic packaging manufacturer focused on the food, healthcare and packaged goods industries. We offer a range of sophisticated customization capabilities, and the ability to produce custom packaging with excellent consistency at high-speed. Please contact Jens (pronounced “Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997 ext. 203.
In early March CMG Plastics announced our plans to add a fully automated system for the production and printing of high-speed, thin-walled, plastic packaging to our Somerville, NJ facility. Our mission; to enhance our ability to serve the needs of regional food and beverage manufacturers in need of reliable access to custom, hi-volume package production.
With the finishing touches just completed on the installation of a Polytype high-speed, 8-color printer, and an Ilsemann robotic automation system, our mission is complete. These two systems join an up-and-running, customized Ferromatik high-speed injection molding machine to finish a fast, efficient and seamless system for package production, decorating and packing.
Are CMG’s capabilities, as well as our unique brand of responsiveness and reliability, a match for you packaging needs? We’re ready to help you find out, including offering you a tour of our facilities. To learn more contact Jens (“Yens”) Duerr at 908.218.7997.